GSoc GDB pretty printers: Automatic testing and printing class pointers

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Sat Jun 26 16:35:59 BST 2021

On Donnerstag, 17. Juni 2021 17:28:24 CEST Da Viper wrote:

> Hello there,
>
> This is a continuation of the chat from the telegram group
>
> - Manual Test
> The way i perform manual test is that, I create a cpp file then instantiate
> the class with all possible constructors and input the set a break point at
> the bottom to compare all the output  to the given input
> i am not sure of a way to make this automatic as it would be easier to know
> when new changes affect existing code instead of performing all the test
> for the hundred of classes

I am not sure if I understand the above so that I am able to duplicate it.
Also, where do you have your code available for duplication?

> - Printing Classes instantiated as pointer
> for example if we have a qstring created like this
>
> `QString qsst("this is another string");`
>  `QString *thePtr = &qsst;`
>
> if i am to create a printer for qstring it does not apply the printer for
> the variable `thePtr`
> i am not sure how to fix the problem ( however the same also happens for
> `std::string` but it is also included the value later)

Having access to your printers may certainly help us to make suggestions.
Otherwise, this is somewhat shooting in the dark.

Thomas Baumgart

morphir: so much confusion :S kmake, kdemake, qmake make cmake etc.
logixoul: you forgot cmakekde :)
morphir: and bakemeacake