GSoc GDB pretty printers: Automatic testing and printing class pointers

Da Viper yerimyah1 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 17 16:28:24 BST 2021

Hello there,

This is a continuation of the chat from the telegram group

- Manual Test
The way i perform manual test is that, I create a cpp file then instantiate
the class with all possible constructors and input the set a break point at
the bottom to compare all the output  to the given input
i am not sure of a way to make this automatic as it would be easier to know
when new changes affect existing code instead of performing all the test
for the hundred of classes

- Printing Classes instantiated as pointer
for example if we have a qstring created like this

`QString qsst("this is another string");`
 `QString *thePtr = &qsst;`

if i am to create a printer for qstring it does not apply the printer for
the variable `thePtr`
i am not sure how to fix the problem ( however the same also happens for
`std::string` but it is also included the value later)