GSoC '21 KMyMoney : I am stuck.

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Tue Jun 15 17:49:01 BST 2021

Suraj,

On Montag, 14. Juni 2021 22:38:31 CEST Suraj Kumar Mahto wrote:

> > Thanks for contacting us in this tough situation. Not knowing the details
> > about the crashes you experience, they could be related to the fact, that
> > the code in Alkimia was written for KDE4 not KF5 and I am not sure how much
> > of KF5 is already supported.
>
> > Let's figure out what is causing these crashes. Since they are reproducible
> > they should also be fixable. Do you have the (crashing) codebase in your repo
> > (maybe on a special branch) so that we can take a look at it? If not, can you
> > provide more details (backtraces) about the crashes?
>
> Thank you very much for the quick response.
> https://invent.kde.org/surajsloth/kmymoney/-/tree/gsoc21 - I have pushed
> the code that replaces the ksettingsonlinequotes usage and it is the
> crashing codebase. I can also provide the backtraces.

Any news on the cause of the crash? Did you manage to run the failing application
under debugger control? That should provide you a quick look as to what is going on.

I don't need the BT (short for backtrace). I was able to duplicate the problem
using a clone of your repo and can get it myself.

> > I suggest you continue to resolve the crashes. If you have enough of it, you
> > may take a look into the update functionality. One of the things you can do
> > is to contact the kmymoney-devel list and ask people for samples of their kmymoneyrc file.
>
> Ok, then I am trying to understand the backtraces first. The default quotes
> data is there in the kmymoneyrc for both cases. I think that is not an
> issue for quotes data.

Using the backtrace info and looking at the corresponding code it should become
clear what the problem is. How to solve it is another question. I would like
you to figure out, what the root cause of the crash is (shouldn't be too hard).
If you need assistance, please let us know. Once we know that, we try to figure
out what to do to solve it.

Thomas Baumgart

Linux - Life is too short for reboots