GSoC '21 KMyMoney : I am stuck.

Suraj Kumar Mahto suraj.mahto49 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 14 21:38:31 BST 2021

> Thanks for contacting us in this tough situation. Not knowing the details
> about the crashes you experience, they could be related to the fact, that
> the code in Alkimia was written for KDE4 not KF5 and I am not sure how
much
> of KF5 is already supported.

> Let's figure out what is causing these crashes. Since they are
reproducible
> they should also be fixable. Do you have the (crashing) codebase in your
repo
> (maybe on a special branch) so that we can take a look at it? If not, can
you
> provide more details (backtraces) about the crashes?

Thank you very much for the quick response.
https://invent.kde.org/surajsloth/kmymoney/-/tree/gsoc21 - I have pushed
the code that replaces the ksettingsonlinequotes usage and it is the
crashing codebase. I can also provide the backtraces.

> I suggest you continue to resolve the crashes. If you have enough of it,
you
> may take a look into the update functionality. One of the things you can
do
> is to contact the kmymoney-devel list and ask people for samples of their
> kmymoneyrc file.

Ok, then I am trying to understand the backtraces first. The default quotes
data is there in the kmymoneyrc for both cases. I think that is not an
issue for quotes data.

Regards
Suraj Kumar Mahto