GSoC: KMyMoney - Replace functions related to widgets from alkimia

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Mon Jun 14 10:41:33 BST 2021

On Montag, 14. Juni 2021 10:15:19 CEST Ralf Habacker wrote:

> Am 13.06.21 um 17:43 schrieb Thomas Baumgart:
> > That depends on your schedule. It maybe a good idea to check what changes
> > are necessary and adjust a single entry manually so that you can verify
> > that your changes are working. Then one can check what is needed for the
> > upd mechanism (maybe with a python script as companion depending on the
> > changes needed).
>
> Please note that on Windows there is no Python interpreter by default,
> while kconf_update5 is usually included in installer and portable packages.

That is true. I was referring to the method to instruct kconf_update5 to call
external scripts. I saw this being used by some core KDE5 frameworks. Don't know
which script language they use, though.

Thomas Baumgart

"I'd like to buy Windows." "Are you crazy?" "Is this part of the licence
agreement?" "Not really, but it might ease the usage ..."