GSoC 21 KMyMoney: Replacing member functions of WebPriceQuote

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Fri Jul 30 19:19:02 BST 2021

On Freitag, 30. Juli 2021 18:54:09 CEST Suraj Kumar Mahto via Kde-finance-apps wrote:

> Thank you,
> I found out that it uses /usr/lib64/libalkimia5.so.8.1.0 while ldd command
> dumps using, my local shared object file.
> What could be the possible fix for this? Maybe passing the LD_LIBRARY_PATH
> argument but it will do that for all libs?

No, that only affects the link loader (runtime) but not the linker (build time).

You need to somehow add a -L<your-alikimia-lib-directory> to the linker
options. You need to do that through cmake. See

https://cmake.org/cmake/help/git-stage/prop_tgt/LINK_OPTIONS.html#prop_tgt:LINK_OPTIONS

for info. Only use those locally and don't add them to the repo.

Thomas

> Regards
> Suraj Kumar Mahto
>
> On Fri, Jul 30, 2021 at 7:36 PM Thomas Baumgart via Kde-finance-apps <
> kde-finance-apps at kde.org> wrote:
>
> > On Freitag, 30. Juli 2021 15:43:41 CEST Suraj Kumar Mahto via
> > Kde-finance-apps wrote:
> >
> > > Using the getter function idSelector() returns error undefined reference
> > > `AlkOnlineQuoteSource::idSelector() const' . To use my local libalkimia.
> > > have created a symlink in kmymoney build/lib/ from alkimia
> > > build/bin/libalkimia5.so.8  and ldd kmmoney returns using the same shared
> > > object file.
> >
> > The linker may use a different path during build time than the link loader
> > during run time. To see what the linker looks for run
> >
> > make VERBOSE=1
> >
> > which prints all command lines with all options.
> >

> > --
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Thomas Baumgart
> >
> > https://www.signal.org/       Signal, the better WhatsApp
> > Faster, better, cheaper - choose two of the above.
> >  - Old engineering proverb

Thomas Baumgart

If your on the hunt for helping hands, look down your arms -- unknown source