GSoC Proposal 2021: KMyMoney

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Sun Apr 11 11:12:05 BST 2021

On Samstag, 10. April 2021 19:58:01 CEST Suraj Kumar Mahto wrote:

> Hello,
> Sorry for the late response, was unwell from the last week. I have tried to
> implement the changes that were suggested. I have some doubts regarding the
> same.

Hope you're doing better by now.

> > The differences have to be investigated and a way to deal with these
> > changes has to be found, e.g. by enhancements of the alkimia library. In
> By enhancements of alkimia library, you mean to say the implementation of
> changes that were made recently for version 8 or I have to implement some
> changes in the alkimia library also?
>
> > doing so, it may be necessary to adjust existing online quotes in the
> > configuration file.
> I am confused, what configuration file you are referring to. Is it
> kmymoney.kcfg? i.e adding XML entries for the APIs I am going to use?

I think, here the kmymoneyrc file is meant. It carries the settings for the
online quotes. An overview can be obtained with

  % grep Online-Quote ~/.config/kmymoney/kmymoneyrc

which will print out the sections you have in KMyMoney 5.x. In KMyMoney 4.x
you can find them with

  % grep Online-Quote ~/.kde4/share/config/kmymoneyrc

Two examples

KMyMoney 4.x
------------
[Online-Quote-Source-boerseonline]
DateFormatRegex=%d.%m.%y
DateRegex=Datum.(\\d+\\.\\d+\\.\\d+)
PriceRegex=Akt\\. Kurs.([\\d\\.]+,\\d\\d)
SymbolRegex=
URL=http://www.boerse-online.de/tools/boerse/einzelkurs_kurse.htm?&s=%1

[Online-Quote-Source-Financial Express]
DateFormatRegex=%d/%m/%y
DateRegex=Price Date[^0-9]*(../../....).*
PriceRegex=Current Market Information[^0-9]*([0-9,\\.]+).*
SymbolRegex=ISIN Code[^G]*(GB..........).*
URL=https://webfund6.financialexpress.net/Clients/Barclays/search_factsheet_summary.aspx?code=%1

KMyMoney 5.x
------------
[Online-Quote-Source-boerseonline]
DateFormatRegex=%d.%m.%y
DateRegex=Datum.(\\d+\\.\\d+\\.\\d+)
IDRegex=
PriceRegex=Akt\\. Kurs.([\\d\\.]+,\\d\\d)
URL=http://www.boerse-online.de/tools/boerse/einzelkurs_kurse.htm?&s=%1

[Online-Quote-Source-Financial Express]
DateFormatRegex=%d/%m/%y
DateRegex=Price Date[^0-9]*(../../....).*
IDRegex=ISIN Code[^G]*(GB..........).*
PriceRegex=Current Market Information[^0-9]*([0-9,\\.]+).*
URL=https://webfund6.financialexpress.net/Clients/Barclays/search_factsheet_summary.aspx?code=%1

The settings (and we look at KMyMoney 5.x only in this project) shall be made available
to the user as they are. A user may have added specific entries or adjusted some to his
needs. These changes shall be kept as they are when KMyMoney uses the LibAlkimia
functionality.

> On Wed, Apr 7, 2021 at 9:45 PM Ralf Habacker <ralf.habacker at freenet.de>
> wrote:
>
> >  > Hello,
> >
> >  > I have submitted my first draft of the proposal on the GSoC portal.
> >  > Mentors, Please have a look when you are free and suggest further
> >  > changes/additions that are needed.
> >
> > In your proposal you have chosen the first approach from the project
> > description.
> >
> > The basic implementation is simpler here, but you need to take into
> > account that the implementation of online qoute support has changed in
> > KMyMoney 5 compared to version 4.8.
> >
> > The differences have to be investigated and a way to deal with these
> > changes has to be found, e.g. by enhancements of the alkimia library. In
> > doing so, it may be necessary to adjust existing online quotes in the
> > configuration file.
> >
> >  From my memory there are changes in the attribute values of the stored
> > online quotes and the API used to support online quotes.
> >
> > Regards
> > Ralf

Thomas Baumgart

Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. -- Dalai Lama