GSoC project discussions

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Tue May 12 09:20:00 BST 2020

See https://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kde-finance-apps/2020-May/000824.html

> I am not sure, if you need to store a 'valid_until' information in the DB.
> What you describe above would let me think that the user cannot use the
> data without obtaining fresh data in regular intervals.
> I think this is not user friendly, as most of the data is still valid in
> the following quarter as it does not change.
>
> What if you miss an update cycle? How do you envision to handle that in
> the database?

It would be better to use the following pattern: If this field is empty,
the related record is valid all the time, but if there is a value, the
record is temporary.

Keeping records in the database even though they have been expired for
more than 3 months can be useful for tracking purposes.

Ralf