Regarding KtoBlzCheck GSoC project

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Sun Mar 22 13:59:44 GMT 2020

Am 20.03.20 um 19:28 schrieb Prasun Kumar:
> Dear Sir,
> I am drafting a project proposal for GSoC and I have a few questions
> regarding the project.
>
> In the KtoBlzCheck cmdline tool, there is an option of taking the
> bankdata file as an input from the user. In this case, should we use
> the text file format as being done right now if I am not mistaken
> because the user should not be compelled to provide a sqllite db as an
> input file?

the text format file has some disadvantages:

1. It provides no date range (currently several text files are required
to support valid date range and

2. it does support multiple languages as it is required by kmymoney
https://cgit.kde.org/kmymoney.git/tree/kmymoney/plugins/ibanbicdata?h=5.0

As this GSOC project is to replace raw bank data text files by an sqlite
data base., the command line tool should get an option to use a sqlite
database from a custom path.

Regards

Ralf