Clarification for APIs for third phase

Prasun Kumar prasun.code at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 13:53:29 BST 2020

Hi Ralf,

> A static function in the class AccountNumberCheck::updateDatabase(),
> which  updates the database when called by the client and returns the
> state of operation e.g
>
>   bool AccountNumberCheck::updateDatabase()

As suggested here:
https://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kde-finance-apps/2020-May/000835.html
I have added an API to update databases as a class, 'DataUpdater'. I have
created a separate class for this
as the downloading code is too big to put in one method considering
modularity and also since these methods were
independent of the AccountNumberCheck class. The only required method I see
now is the bankdata_dir() for downloaded
file installation but since it's a static method, it can be accessed
without any AccountNumberCheck object.

Also, since the class is in the same header file, a client doesn't need to
import extra headers, however, they would surely
need to create a DataUpdater object.

If I am missing any obvious reason to make these a part of the original
class, please suggest.
I have sent the details in the previous mail.

Thanks.
Prasun