[Kde-finance-apps] Re: Development environment

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Mon Jun 13 20:30:52 CEST 2011

Hi,

on Sunday 12 June 2011 21:04:30 Alvaro Soliverez wrote:

> If you have been able to build the libAlkimia classes, and open the
> project in Qt Creator, then you're ok with the development environment
> for now.
>
> I'd say you should keep working on the ER diagram, with the
> suggestions made by Thomas and Marcelo.
>
> The invoice entity, in particular, needs a lot more properties.

I am not so sure, if all the properties of an invoice need to make the
transfer from the issuing application to the finance application. An invoice
number certainly is a good attribute (property) to think about because it will
most likely show up on the transaction of the incoming payment. The businesses
tax number - which must be shown on the invoice in some countries - does not
be part of that record because we don't need it in the financial application.
A due date is some other valuable property.

> Also, you could take a look at the ER sent by Guillaume, and identify
> those entities that would suit most the payment side of the use case
> (that's an actual ER of the Skrooge application, and we're probably
> going to use it as a base for all this).

As far I understand this ER, Skrooge does not support multi-currency. But I
might be mistaken, but I don't see how one could transfer money from an
account in one currency to another one held in another currency.  Certainly
Guillaume can comment on this.

Thomas Baumgart

'Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons.'
 -Popular Mechanics, 1949