Missing entitities? - was - Re: question on referring to deceased contributors

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Fri Dec 22 23:53:57 GMT 2023

El dijous, 21 de desembre de 2023, a les 19:54:54 (CET), Jack Ostroff va escriure:
> Good afternoon all,
>
> While updating the KMyMoney handbook, there are several sections
> written by a contributor who is deceased.  While I still want to give
> him credit for the work, I'm wondering what to do with his email
> address, which is obviously no longer valid.  Should I just replace the
> address with "Deceased"?  Is there any policy or history of what to do
> here?
>
> This also brought up a different question for me - in KMyMoney's
> index.docbook there are a number of entities for authors with a comment
> that they have been added to contributor.entities in svn.  I just
> looked at contributor.entities in git, and I do not see all of these.
> Might I be looking in the wrong place, or did the conversion from svn
> to git (how long ago?) possibly not include all defined author
> entities?  At worst, I suppose I can just add them now, and continue to
> leave them in index until our minimum version required by KMyMoney is
> sufficient to include  them.

Can you give a bit more of detail about which files and entities you mean?

Are you refering to
https://invent.kde.org/frameworks/kdoctools/-/blob/master/src/customization/entities/contributor.entities?ref_type=heads
or some other file?

Which entities are missing?

Also if the entities are not shared between multiple files, I'm honestly not sure what's the benefit of adding them there compared to having them on the kmymomey docbook.

Cheers,
  Albert