game controller calibration

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Jun 17 18:19:42 BST 2022

On 2022.06.17 04:13, Yuri Chornoivan wrote:
> четвер, 16 червня 2022 р. 05:14:12 EEST B написано:
> > I spent an hour trying to figure out what input you wanted in the
> game
> > controller - system settings to accurately calibrate the joysticks,
> and
> > I still have no idea what the dialogs are looking for.
> >
> > Is the lack of specificity some sort of inside joke?
>
> Hi,
>
> Surely, not. However, the documentation should be found on the
> backend side.
> Personally, I do not have a controller to test and be more specific.
> The only
> thing we have is
>
> https://docs.kde.org/trunk5/en/plasma-desktop/kcontrol/joystick/index.html
>
> Sorry for your disappointment.
>
> Best regards,
> Yuri
It's been many years since I had a joystick, but as I remember, when
you display the page Yuri linked to, you simply move the joystick and
click it's various buttons (probably after clicking the ":Calibrate"
button) and the display will show what input it received from the
device.  The main calibration is that the X in the middle of the box
should stay centered when you are not touching the joystick, and it's
position should follow the direction in which you move the joystick.

Jack