digiKam handbook migrated from DocBook to Sphinx/ReStructuredText

Luigi Toscano luigi.toscano at tiscali.it
Sat Dec 31 09:14:58 GMT 2022

Gilles Caulier ha scritto:
> Hi Luigi,
>
> Did you see the licensing page ? Both licences are mentioned :
>
> https://docs.digikam.org/en/credits_license.html#documentation-copyright

Yes, I've seen that, but in order to change a license you must get the
permissions of the contributor of the old documentation - unless of course
it's rewritten from scratch.

This is the reason why it took some time to relicense some components which
were moved to Frameworks, you can find the previous discussion.
In order to prevent this we have the FLA (https://ev.kde.org/rules/fla/) or
even some older way to mark if people agrees with which kind of relicensing:
https://invent.kde.org/sdk/kde-dev-scripts/-/blob/master/relicensecheck.pl

But it must be explicitly written down and it's up to the people who propose
the relicense to do that.

So in the meantime the license must be the old one, sadly. The two licenses
(note the we use FDL 1.2) are not compatible.

--
Luigi