KDE Review: Skladnik (t.g.f.k.a. KSokoban), returning a KDE1-KDE3 age dino

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Mon Jan 29 09:09:07 GMT 2024

On Sat, 27 Jan 2024 at 17:26, Friedrich W. H. Kossebau <kossebau at kde.org>
wrote:

> [ ] App packages in Flatpak, Snap, AppImages and Windows etc as appropriate
>
> Not involved with any of those packages/platforms, but I assume that
> checkbox
> is rather some kind of "nice to have", not blocking the process actually?

This sort of comment  makes me really sad. The All About the Apps goal,
which in principle is still ongoing, was an attempt to get KDE developers
to realise it was important not just to write apps but to actually make
them available to users, I find it astonishing how we still don't have a
culture where making our apps available to users is part of our
responsibility.  There's teams in KDE to help with all these formats.
Sorry to complain here as the issue is larger than just this one app but
it's so sad that nobody within KDE wants to help get users using our
software directly.

Jonathan