Moving Milou to Extragear

Burkhard Lück lueck at hube-lueck.de
Fri Feb 14 14:49:13 GMT 2014

Am Freitag, 14. Februar 2014, 13:09:19 schrieb Vishesh Handa:
> On Thursday, February 13, 2014 11:28:40 AM Burkhard Lück wrote:
> > That loads the translation catalog, which also contains messages from the
> > plasmoid outside the library.
> >
> > Apparently that happens early enough at runtime (at least I see the
> > catalog
> > is loaded running milou in plasmoidviewer in locale x-test), so even
> > messages used only in the plasmoid are translated.
> >
> > Your plasmoid tries to load a catalog named "plasma_applet_milou_applet"
> > via plasmoid/applet.h:60:K_EXPORT_PLASMA_APPLET(milou_applet, Applet),
> > but you extract to milou, so this catalog does not exist.
>
> But then the "milou" catalog would be loaded so the translations should be
> there, right?
>
> If not, what would be the correct way of fixing this? One option which I can
> think of is extracting the translations to "plasma_applet_milou_applet",
> and updating the KCatalogLoader in the case the library is used without the
> applet.

This does not make sense to me.

Use two messages catalogs, one for the plasmoid named
"plasma_applet_milou_applet" and loaded via K_EXPORT_PLASMA_APPLET and the
second one for the library named e.g. "libmilou" and loaded via
KCatalogLoader.

Btw the fixes from Lukáš Tinkl for the preview plugins are useless, because the
plugins are part of the library, which loads its catalog already via
KCatalogLoader.

--
Burkhard Lück