Adopting AppData in KDE?

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sun Nov 3 11:59:23 GMT 2013

El Dissabte, 2 de novembre de 2013, a les 19:48:01, Richard Hughes va
escriure:
> On 2 November 2013 19:33, Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org> wrote:
> > What's the point in having an installer that hides more than half of the
> > apps in the world that don't ship a file that is not a standard and
> > doesn't seem to me it was developed as a standard? How is this useful to
> > the end user?
> We want to showcase high quality applications with active upstream
> maintainers. There's no point us showing 5000 application where half
> don't work or are abandonware. Also, I'm hoping AppData does become a
> standard. It's already used by over 200 projects.

I've never created a standard so I can't comment on how to do it properly, but
writing it and then "threatening" to exclude from package managers those that
don't adopt it doesn't seem to be a way to start a discussion to me.

Cheers,
  Albert