synaptiks – KDE touchpad management

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Fri Feb 26 14:10:03 GMT 2010

On Thursday 25 of February 2010, Sebastian Wiesner wrote:
> synaptiks and kcm_touchpad had different aims in the beginning.  I wrote
> synaptiks as touchpad management tool to automatically switch my touchpad
> off in certain situations, not as touchpad configuration module
> (personally, I was fine with X.org or HAL configuration files for this
> purpose).

 Not for long, I'm afraid. Recent X.org versions do not need xorg.conf and HAL
is going to be dropped too. Actually on current openSUSE xorg.conf is not
used by default and the next version will even drop the X configuration tool,
so KDE is left with having to configure X on its own *sigh*.

--
 Lubos Lunak
 openSUSE Boosters team, KDE developer
 l.lunak at suse.cz , l.lunak at kde.org