Ctrl+Y shortcut for redo

Thomas Zander zander at kde.org
Thu Aug 31 13:32:02 BST 2006

On Thursday 31 August 2006 13:32, Simon Hausmann wrote:
> at the risk of starting a huge flamewar: The KDE user interface
> guidelines currently list Ctrl+Shift+Z as only shortcut for 'redo'.
> What do you think about adding Ctrl+Y as additional shortcut for that
> action?

Isn't this the wrong ML for that?

> On Windows and Mac OS X Ctrl+Y is available as additional shortcut,
> too, and I personally find it very annoying when switching between the
> three that I can't portably use Ctrl+Y (which is much easier to reach
> for my clumsy sausage fingers :)

Ehm, does that mean you still use the DE keyboard layout? Tsk tsk tsk..
Using us-layout ctrl-shift-z can even be done by the cat ;)

I recall the huge discussions we had long ago and every time there was
an "ok make that default" there were many people later coming in about
all the keyboard shortcuts being taken already and all unexpected
clashes.

For that reason this should be present in the kpersonalizer (as I thought
it already was) and not eat an additional key IMO.
--
Thomas Zander