compile error kdebase-3.5.4/kcontrol/joystick

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Sun Aug 27 13:41:37 BST 2006

On Sunday 27 August 2006 00:20, Martin Koller wrote:

> I'm the maintainer of KDEs joystick calibration module, and recently I came
> across a compile problem under a newer kernel (2.6.18) than mine:

I can confirm this on 2.6.17

> /usr/include/linux/input.h:801: error: `kernel_ulong_t' does not name a
> type
>
> I have seen that the problem is due to the fact that kernel_ulong_t is only
> defined when also __KERNEL__ is defined - which is not the case in my
> user-space application.

I did the typedef manually and it then fails later on because BITS_PER_LONG is
not defined either

Since those are not defined anywhere else, it is likely that the headers are
broken or some additional header file is missing.

Cheers,
Kevin

--
Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer at gmx.at>