compile error kdebase-3.5.4/kcontrol/joystick

Martin Koller m.koller at surfeu.at
Sat Aug 26 23:20:49 BST 2006

Hi list,

On Friday 18 August 2006 11:44, Martin Koller wrote:
> I'm the maintainer of the joystick kcontrol module.
> I check what must be done about it.

My first idea was to ask the linux/joystick developer about a solution, but
since I did not get any response, I try to ask the same question here, as I
know that here are a lot of very good experts:

This was my original mail:
--------------------------
Hi,

I'm the maintainer of KDEs joystick calibration module, and recently I came
across a compile problem under a newer kernel (2.6.18) than mine:

/usr/include/linux/input.h:801: error: `kernel_ulong_t' does not name a type

I have seen that the problem is due to the fact that kernel_ulong_t is only
defined when also __KERNEL__ is defined - which is not the case in my
user-space application.

I include linux/joystick.h to have the js_corr struct which includes
linux/input.h

What do you think is the correct way to access the joystick values and what
headers I am allowed to include in a user space program ?
--------------------------

Also, I do not have a newer setup on a machine than my Suse 9.3, which does
not have this compile problem. I'm not sure if it hurts my system when I
simply copy some newer header files from a recent kernel into my original
system installation to be able to reproduce this problem ...

So I hope anyone has a good idea here ...

--
Best regards/Schöne Grüße

Martin    ()  ascii ribbon campaign - against html mail

Computers and Internet gave you freedom.
TCPA would TAKE your FREEDOM!  http://www.againsttcpa.com