[patch] do not display links (KUrlLabel) with ampersands (accelerators)

Jarosław Staniek js at iidea.pl
Wed Aug 23 10:26:06 BST 2006

Simon Hausmann said the following, On 2006-08-23 10:47:

>>>That was a bug in QLabel. Patch submitted to qt-copy.
>>>
>>>If the text interaction flags for QLabel are set to make links accessible
>>>by the keyboard the label will now accept the focus by tab and draw a
>>>focus rectangle around links.
>>
>>OK, thanks. Now: what about StrongFocus? In KUrlLabel I've made it possible
>>that clicking on thelink moves focus to the link, just as in browsers.
>

> That is currently not supported. We'll try to fix this for Qt 4.3. I see it
> makes particular sense for a web browser (very useful when navigating back
> that you see what link was used for activation), but for a label I'm not
> convinced it is important.

I'd say it is important for apps using the KUrlLabel (soon QLabel thanks to
your help): there are dialogs that look like a web page, use the links instead
of buttons to save some space, especially when the texts are longer.
Sometimes, clicking on a link, a subdialog appears, and when user closes the
subdialog, having the focus visible is useful for the same reason you
mentioned. Consistet look&feel with regular web pages is also important thing
here, I guess.

--
regards / pozdrawiam, Jaroslaw Staniek