Proposal for a new class: KToolTip

Philip Rodrigues philip.rodrigues at chch.ox.ac.uk
Sun Aug 20 12:34:12 BST 2006

Richard Moore wrote:

> On 8/16/06, Jaroslaw Staniek <js at iidea.pl> wrote:
>> 1. You probably mean something like this:
>> http://www.istartedsomething.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/06/tooltip.jpg
>>
>> Take a look at the shot. The "Press F1 for more help" looks quite usable.
>> I'd like to leave this to usability people (IIRC they have already
>> crafted some like that, i.e. extendable context help aka "more info").
>> Anyone got a link to this?
>
> I don't have a link, but I definitely remember discussions about a
> concept like this at akademy. I completely agree it is a good idea.

I notice that there's a link to it already on the wiki page, but just for
the record, the KTooltip class could be used to implement the "improved
whatsthis" suggestion from the HCI team:
http://www.userbrain.de/whatsthis/ideas_whatsthis_january06_v1.3.pdf

I'll add this a bit more explicitly to the wiki page.

Regards,
Philip