Proposal for a new class: KToolTip

Matt Broadstone mbroadst at gmail.com
Thu Aug 17 05:33:14 BST 2006

On 8/16/06, Richard Moore <richmoore44 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8/16/06, Jaroslaw Staniek <js at iidea.pl> wrote:
> > 1. You probably mean something like this:
> > http://www.istartedsomething.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/06/tooltip.jpg
> >
> > Take a look at the shot. The "Press F1 for more help" looks quite usable. I'd
> > like to leave this to usability people (IIRC they have already crafted some
> > like that, i.e. extendable context help aka "more info"). Anyone got a link to
> > this?
>
> I don't have a link, but I definitely remember discussions about a
> concept like this at akademy. I completely agree it is a good idea.
>
> Rich.

Yes this is very much like the idea I was working on some time ago for
Plasma called Extenders. Extenders went a bit further in that they
were drag and droppable between applications (through KTrader),
perhaps thats a little more than what we need, but it would be cool to
make these, perhaps even make a version of them which is a KPart
allowing loading URLs etc.
it's late, I might not be coherent here, but if anything I want to say
yes this is a good idea, and you have sample code already in
qt-copy/demos/spreadsheet popup widget.

Matt