Introducing LikeBack - Quick Feedback from Beta-Testers

Nicolas Goutte nicolasg at snafu.de
Wed Aug 16 16:02:04 BST 2006

On Monday 14 August 2006 20:56, Jaison Lee wrote:
> On 8/14/06, Nicolas Goutte <nicolasg at snafu.de> wrote:
> > >
> > > They are both outdated. And I'm removing them as soon as I get home
> > > from work. I need to put an end to this insanity. :)
> >
> > I do not think that licensecheck is outdated, as it is the same checks
> > that post-commit hook of KDE SVN.
>
> Yes, and the post-commit hook is outdated as well, but that one I'm
> going to let someone else take care of that unless they tell me how to
> do it without breaking the commit system. :)  IMHO the post commit
> hook for license checking should be removed as well.
>
> Trust me on this. I spent a month or two working with these things.  :)
>

> The licensecheck script in particular fails on Artistic License and
> Public Domain files as well as a few wierd varities of GPL. EBN is the
> best by far at this point in time.

So because it does not work on two license (from which one is not even
GPL-compatible), you simply delete everything instead of fixing it.

Also I suppose that we do not want exotic variants of GPL but rather standard
headers, or it would again be a pain at the next change of the FSF address.

It would be better to fix licencecheck so that the fixed code could be added
to the post-commit hook. If you cannot fix licensecheck then you cannot fix
the post-commit hook either.

Have a nice day!