please update to cmake 2.4.3

Benjamin Meyer ben at meyerhome.net
Wed Aug 16 09:54:40 BST 2006

On Wednesday 16 August 2006 10:17, Michael Olbrich wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 16, 2006 at 09:06:03AM +0200, Benjamin Meyer wrote:
> > Any chance of putting this off a few more weeks?  Perhaps till after
> > akadamy? Having one less piece of software that we have to build manually
> > ourselves means a lot for anyone starting up from scratch.  The hope
> > being that by giving it more time some distros will have picked up 2.4.3.
> >
> > Even Debian has 2.4-patch 2 now (a very good thing).
>
> cmake 2.4.3 is already in debian unstable. It can be installed in
> testing without requireing any other unstable packages.
>
> # apt-cache policy cmake
> cmake:
>   Installed: 2.4.3-1
>   Candidate: 2.4.3-1
>   Version table:
>  *** 2.4.3-1 0
>         500 http://debian.tu-bs.de unstable/main Packages
>         100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
>      2.4.2-1 0
>         300 http://debian.tu-bs.de testing/main Packages
>      2.0.5-1 0
>         150 http://debian.tu-bs.de stable/main Packages
>

> michael

So in a few weeks it will be in testing.  I am just trying to point out that
this isn't a critical change (at least that is the impression I got from the
e-mail) and the more time we can give between cmake releases and requiring
it, the more likely developers will have it automatically upgraded by their
package manager making it less of a big deal and less of a hassle.

-Benjamin Meyer