Introducing LikeBack - Quick Feedback from Beta-Testers

Sébastien Laoût slaout at linux62.org
Fri Aug 11 18:08:13 BST 2006

Hello,

I just released LikeBack, a system that let people to quickly post comments on
the developement versions of the applications they use.
It's a quick and unobtrusive way to collect what users think of the
applications, what they like, what they do not like and should be changed,
but also bugs they encounter.

There is a complete documentation of what it is, how it works, and screenshots
of both the user interface and the server-side developer interface:

http://basket.kde.org/likeback.php

I would like to know what do you think of it, if it needs new features or if
it need to be made more generic in prevision of integrating in KDE
applications...
It can already be integrated in KDE standalone applications, and only need a
few lines of code to configure it.

And more importantly, I post there because I would like to integrate this
technology into KDElibs 4.
While it's currently programmed using KDE 3, I plan to port it to KDE 4 after
I've got your feedback.

It would be cool if any application could include that system very easily.
And it would also be nice if it could be enabled for KDE applications, so
users can exprimate themselves, and theire comments will let developers to
produce higher-quality applications, meeting better the people needs and
expectations.

Even if core KDE aplications would not use it, having it in KDE will help
every third-party applications.

Best regards,
Sébastien Laoût.