Preparations of KDE 4.0 Snapshot 1

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Mon Aug 7 22:58:11 BST 2006

A Dilluns 07 Agost 2006 23:32, Dirk Mueller va escriure:
> Hi,
>
> I believe we're behind most of the ugly rough edges of the D-BUS port and
> we have a new buildsystem, so its about time to do a snapshot release of
> the trunk branch. The TWG members decided against a TP1 release right now,
> because there is really not a lot of new stuff in trunk and trunk API is
> still not anywhere near stable.
>
> Currently I'm planning to do a qt-copy patchset, kdelibs, kdepimlibs and
> kdebase release. If you think any other module should be part of this first
> milestone release, please speak up.
>
> I plan to prepare tarballs around August 14th, but it might take a few more
> days for ensuring that they compile and at least start up in common
> configurations.

Well, at the okular[1] team (That is Pino, Piotr and me) we've decided we'll
do a snapshot release that builds with snapshot 1 but we'll handle the
tarballing ourselves (hope it's not too difficult), although will need ftp
space for hosting. Timing of the release maybe is not the exact date of kde4
snapshot because of holiday availability, but i hope to have it ready the
same day.

I'll also package kiriki[2] so people have more things to build run and
complain about.

[1] - http://www.okular.org
[2] - http://home.gna.org/kiriki

Albert