KDE4 porting: unsermake

Stefan Winter swinter at kde.org
Tue Nov 29 18:12:35 GMT 2005

Hi!

> > METASOURCES = ... kwifi_ifacewidget=kwifi_ifacewidget.h
> > QT4_UIFILES = kwifi_ifacewidget
> >
> > But it still doesn't compile the file.
>
> I am wondering if this discussion is about that the build fails or if the
> problem is only that no C++ file is generated for the UI file. If it is the
> later problem, uic in Qt4 mode does not generate a cpp file anymore. (So I
> am not even sure that my patch is needed.)
>
> And when I see the proposed Makefile in the Qt4 documentation, I think that
> unsermake is doing the same, as far as I understand unsermake.

Well, unsermake does *nothing*with the .ui file. I.e.: I get no .h file as a
result of calling unsermake. Using uic kwifi_ifacewidget.ui on the
commandline works beautifully and generates code for a .h file, but this
command isn't run by unsermake.
BTW, the build doesn't fail right now because I don't instantiate anything
from the new class yet - the ui file is brand new, and as soon as I get
unsermake to generate a .h I will incorporate that into the main app.

Greetings,

Stefan Winter

--
This mail is guaranteed to be virus free because it was sent from a computer
running Linux.

--
The K Desktop Environment
- Stefan Winter -