New string compare panel applet

Michael Buesch mbuesch at freenet.de
Fri Oct 8 12:27:58 BST 2004

Quoting David Faure <faure at kde.org>:
> On Friday 08 October 2004 13:03, Michael Buesch wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I just wrote a tiny panel applet for easily comparing two strings.
> > The purpose of this applet is to be as easy and featureless as possible.
> > It's only to compare two strings.
> >
> > I wrote this, because I needed such an applet in KDE for ages. For
> > example to quickly compare MD5SUMs.
>
> I'm not too convinced on the usefulness...
> Isn't it faster to look closely at two md5sums than to copy/paste them somewhere else?

"somewhere else"...
Yes, define that. Where?
The "somewhere else" is my applet. :)

I use this applet mainly for comparing MD5SUMs. Users also compare md5sums.
And, as everyone should know, it's not really save to compare them by hand
(in your head). The Chaos Computer Club had a very good Chaos Radio about
it some time ago.
And it's a pain to compare strings in head. Especially MD5.

--
Regards Michael Buesch  [ http://www.tuxsoft.de.vu ]