[kde-announce] Announcing KDE 3.2

Frans Englich frans.englich at telia.com
Thu Feb 5 06:11:14 GMT 2004

On Thursday 05 February 2004 06:46, Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
> On Thursday 05 February 2004 06:35, Frans Englich wrote:
> > Regarding the bug database - there is a huge amount of BRs and a lot
> > of them are irrelevant and others are easily fixed.
>
> If you know of irrelevant bug reports why don't you close them and if
> they are easily fixed why don't you fix them?

It's not from personal experience but rather from what other say and write.
And there's only 24h's a day..

> > Wouldn't it be
> > possible to do a minor KDE release which was not released before the
> > bug count has gone below a reasonable amount?(since the code freeze
> > most likely would be longer that would also allow translators to do a
> > thorough job) Or some kind of cleanup verification, each BR would
> > have to be flagged as being valid(verifying it have been looked at)
> > or close/fix it.
>
> That's what we are doing all the time. The bug reports aren't that bad
> maintained as one could think when reading your statement. I don't see
> how any special actions could improve the situation. More people
> actively working on the bug database would improve the situation, but
> that doesn't need any changes in the way it is done.

Yeah, it's all about manpower, no question. But if we had a RD who said "We
will not release /until/ the count has dropped to X" I think people would
care in a whole another way. Just a wild idea.

Anyway, it's nice to hear the problem is basically non existent.

		Frans