Konsole and Terminal icons [Re: Oh well...]

Waldo Bastian bastian at kde.org
Mon Nov 18 11:50:29 GMT 2002

On Monday 18 November 2002 11:51, Vadim Plessky wrote:
> // Waldo: what do you think about such variant of shell?
> Terminal icon displays prompt. Should it have something else?

I wouldn't immediately recognize the round curly thing as a shell, and if I
did I would recognize it as a "schelp" and I do not associate "schelp" with
command shell. (I must admit that I have no idea what the dutch word for
'command shell' is.)

> Do people use '>' or '$' as a prompt?
> I am afradi that novice users would think of Money when they see $ sign on
> panel.  Or I am wrong here?

I think "> _" as in your last icon makes a good prompt, I would make the
prompt slightly smaller and use the perspective of the first icon.

See also the new gnome icon (attached)

Cheers,
Waldo