Adding KXMLGUIClient into multiple factories

Ellis Whitehead kde at ellisw.net
Sat Apr 27 18:35:29 BST 2002

David, Simon,

Does a KXMLGUIClient ever get addClient()'ed into more than one
KXMLGUIFactory?  I need to know if this is permitted, because it would
further complicate the already overwhelmingly intricate Shortcut/Action/XML
interrelationships.  As it is, I can't even comprehend the total structure as
it relates to just the shortcut -- I pity whoever should try to maintain this
after me. *grin*  So please say that a client can only have one factory? ;)

The relationships between KAccel, KAction, KActionCollection, KXMLGUIClient,
KXMLGUIFactory, and KParts need to be more clearly defined and restrictive in
the future if it's going to be maintainable.  Currently, it's simply not
maintainable (as far as the shortcuts go), and the hours that I spend just
trying to conceive what's going on make the attempt to do so very unpleasant
and extremely bug-prone.

One thing is that plugging and shortcuts should be primarily taken care of by
KActionCollection instead of KAction...

Regards,
Ellis