"I Love KDE"

Joseph P. De Veaugh-Geiss joseph at kde.org
Thu Feb 22 12:50:44 GMT 2024

To sweeten your day: here is some Internet love for our community for
all of the amazing work KDE does.

"""
I love KDE

I saw a post where a KDE contributor was saying that they don't get a
lot of positive feedback, so I thought maybe it's time.

Thank you for the brilliant desktop experience you have delivered to
Linux all these years. I have been a KDE user for more than 20 years. I
use Plasma at work and I have some super nifty widgets to make my day
run smoothly. I use it at home for gaming and hobby coding and since the
5.x versions the experience has just become more solid, slick and a
pleasure to use.

What I love most is the ability to choose my workflow instead of having
it dictated to me. There are plenty of little details that make the
experience so much better and that reflect the consideration and effort
put in to make a great user experience.

As a programmer by trade it feels like everything was built with my
needs in mind.

To make this post a bit more useful... You can create a folder view with
previews on your taskbar, link it to your screenshots directory and sort
by date descending. This is excellent if you need to share a lot of
screenshots. Just drag them from the folder view to where they are needed.
"""

Link: https://www.reddit.com/r/kde/comments/1awe234/i_love_kde/
Poster: ImNotThatPokable

(H/t Paul Brown)

--
Joseph P. De Veaugh-Geiss
KDE Internal Communications & KDE Eco Community Manager

Generally available Monday-Thursday from 10-16h CET/CEST. Outside of
these times it may take a little longer for me to respond.

KDE Eco: Building Energy-Efficient Free Software!
Website: https://eco.kde.org
Mastodon: @be4foss at floss.social