What are the Promo contractors up to? Weeks 1 & 2 2024

Paul Brown paul.brown at kde.org
Thu Jan 18 18:48:34 GMT 2024

Hello All,

Again, before we get into it, we are still looking for people who would like
to help out KDE's booth at FOSDEM:

https://phabricator.kde.org/T17027

If you can make it, sign up on the task so we know who we can count on.

On with the Promo highlights for the first two weeks of 2024.

Enjoy.

---
### Things done

* Wrote up about and publicised new events budget policy for the year 2024
* Organized FOSDEM booth
* Helped G10 with joint GnuPG/KDE T-shirt design for FOSDEM
* Updated KDE timeline
* Completed Supporting Campaign, adding 600 new members to existing 50.
Campaign will remain active for anybody else who want to sign up up to and
beyond the deadline
* Provided media (Plasma and app screenshots) for Providence Journal
* Helped organise Akademy-es promo day
* Requested support for booth staff for FOSDEM from Community
* Promoted job opening for sustainability post
* Corrected outdated document in Press Kit
* Recruited speaker for SCALE panel
* Promoted re-wrote announcement Plasma 6 RC1 and promoted release
* Promoted winner of Plasma 6 wallpaper

### Things to do

* Research ways of semi-automatically creating screenshots of software while
it is being tested (<https://invent.kde.org/teams/automation/issues/-/issues/
14#note_795599>)
* Working on Annual Report 2023
* Working on ordering merchandise and budgeting FOSDEM 2024.
* Support in organizing conf.KDE.in
* Finalizing collaboration with startpage
* Preparing Quarterly Newsletter and presentation for Advisory Board meetings.
* Promote KDE Network Nepal and start KDE Network in the UK

### Ongoing projects and periodic tasks

* Finding and solving mistakes in websites and wikis
* Moderating social media
* Weekly data collection on followers from Twitter, Mastodon and Instagram.
* Daily data collection from mentions of KDE, Kdenlive, Krita, etc., from
media across the web.
* Monthly and quarterly download of social media dat from FB, X and LinkedIn
* Daily update of progress bar and Hall of Fame on supporting member campaign
page

---

Cheers

Aniqa and Paul