Broken RPATH/RUNPATH in kdepim/console/kabc2mutt

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Fri Apr 10 11:14:50 CEST 2009

On 10.04.09 01:53:07, Tomáš Chvátal wrote:
> Dne pátek 10 Duben 2009 01:35:29 Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> *snip*
> >
> > > Regarding kdepim, why not just install kabc2mutt as symlink to
> > > kabcclient?
> >
> > Because at least one platform of KDE4 doesn't support symlinks.
> >
> > Andreas
> Wont it be smart to actualy use symlinks where they work and use the current
> system only when needed?
>
> Out of curiosity what platform dont support symlinks (when i think of
> linux/BSD/Windows all supports them)

Windows only supports hardlinks on anything older than Vista, only Vista
and the latest Server version support creating symlinks. At least
if I look at the MSDN's API docs for CreateSymLink. Apart from that, the
administrator needs to enable symlinks for the users, so its not
something you can rely on anyway.

Andreas

--
You will stop at nothing to reach your objective, but only because your
brakes are defective.