[Kde-bindings] Re: Building on Mac OS X

Elliott Slaughter elliottslaughter at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 01:44:03 UTC 2011

On Sat, Mar 5, 2011 at 5:24 PM, Arno Rehn <arno at arnorehn.de> wrote:

> On Sunday 06 March 2011 01:55:31 Elliott Slaughter wrote:
> > [snip]
> > I'll try disabling phonon until you've got something else for me to try
> > :-).
> Can you check what's actually in the files x_1.cpp to x_9.cpp (For once, I
> don't need that nopasted :)) ? Judging from the output of g++ -E, I
> wouldn't
> be surprised if they were as good as empty.

You are correct.

$ wc -l *.cpp
     272 smokedata.cpp
      11 x_1.cpp
     469 x_10.cpp
      11 x_2.cpp
      11 x_3.cpp
      11 x_4.cpp
      11 x_5.cpp
      11 x_6.cpp
      11 x_7.cpp
      11 x_8.cpp
      11 x_9.cpp
     840 total

> Also, what's the concrete path to the Phonon framework? And do you use
> Phonon
> as shipped with Qt or a seperate installation? (Or both?)

I think it's included with the SDK download from Nokia (my version's
2010-05). But I'm not 100% sure, because I've tried so many things in my
attempts to get older smoke versions to compile. It's not impossible I've
got conflicting versions from installing one version over another.

That said, Cyrus also had the same problem, so what are the odds that we
both messed up our Qt installs in exactly the same way?

--
> Arno Rehn
> arno at arnorehn.de

Elliott Slaughter

"Don't worry about what anybody else is going to do. The best way to predict
the future is to invent it." - Alan Kay