[Inqlude] [GSoC 2016] Improve categorization and search on Inqlude web site

Nanduni Nimalsiri nanduni.12 at cse.mrt.ac.lk
Tue Mar 15 03:45:26 UTC 2016

Hi,

Thank you very much for the guidance. I am in the process of creating some
prototypes. I will soon try out them with kde-devel mailing list and
qt-interest
mailing lists. Can you please verify me the qt-interest email address? I am
not sure if it is *interest at qt-project.org <interest at qt-project.org>
*or *qt-interest at trolltech.com
<qt-interest at trolltech.com> *or any other one.

I can definitely get support from my friends too. Even if they have not
used the site, I can get feedback about how they feel it at first sight and
first experience. It will be useful for them as well in future. As I think,
the inqlude web site should be easy to learn, understand and handle, so
that a user does not need to bother on how the website works. The look and
feel should make the users to visit it again and again. It should make the
task of searching libraries easier. It should educate the users on how they
can get the libraries using command line client as well. In conclusion, the
site should be simple and easy to use. Feedback from new comers to the
website will be very useful to enhance the user experience.

I will soon try out the prototypes in mailing lists.

Thank you.
Nanduni.

On 14 March 2016 at 23:27, Cornelius Schumacher <schumacher at kde.org> wrote:

> Hi Nanduni,
>
> On Montag, 14. März 2016 13:01:20 CET Nanduni Nimalsiri wrote:
> >
> > In terms of Kubernetes and Cloud Foundry, I did some research stuff. For
> my
> > internship, I worked in a company called 'WSO2' which is also an open
> > source company. There I worked with a product called "Microservices
> > Framework for Java" which is a lightweight, fast runtime and
> > annotation-based programming mode for creating microservices in Java with
> > container-based deployment. In that product, I had to write a sample
> > application for integrating Kubernetes for deploying microservices, this
> > uses skydns for service recognition. Meanwhile I contributed for
> developing
> > Kubernetes artifacts for the company products. Company implemented the
> > strategy to deploy WSO2 products in different PaaSes, and I was involved
> in
> > deploying products on Cloud Foundry. There I had to work in touch with
> > Cloud Foundry Diego project. All these experiences inspired me to try
> out a
> > GSoC project so that I can expand my open source experience.
>
> This is some interesting work you did there. Getting into open source is
> certainly a good idea :-)
>
> > I also think that it would be very effective if I try different sketches
> > for the website. I would like to discuss my ideas with community using Qt
> > libraries. Shall I create a *form*(google form) and ask assistance from
> > inqlude at kde.org mailing list or else where can I find users who are
> using
> > this website. I can take the feedback from few of my friends to do some
> > user testing on my sketches, but I suppose that it would be effective if
> > can involve some real users who use these libraries.
>
> Yes. Unfortunately we don't have a good way to reach the users of the web
> site
> as there is no registration or any other tracking of users.
>
> To reach out to potential users we could try the kde-devel mailing list or
> the
> qt-interest mailing list.
>
> The effectivity of getting feedback in person and watching people use or
> comment on the prototypes is much higher than via a form, though, so maybe
> getting some people from your university would actually give good data.
> Inqlude doesn't require a lot of special knowledge, at least for the
> general
> usage.
>
> This needs a little bit more thought. So I think it would be good to
> create a
> plan how approach that for the GSoC project.
>
> > *The error report which I get when sending emails to your email is
> below. *
>
> It seems your domain is listed as a source of spam and rejected by my email
> provider. I'm not sure, I can do anything about that.
>
> Regards,
> Cornelius

> [...]

Undergraduate, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, University
of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka.
Software Engineering Intern, WSO2 Inc. (http://wso2.com)
email : nanduni.12 at cse.mrt.ac.lk, nanduni at wso2.com
blog : http://nanduni.blogspot.com/