Questions about inqlude

Cornelius Schumacher schumacher at kde.org
Tue Sep 27 20:11:50 UTC 2011

On Tuesday 27 September 2011 15:54:44 Giorgos Tsiapaliwkas wrote:

> i am not aware of the roadmap that inqlude will follow.

There isn't a roadmap yet.

> These are some questions that came in my mind.
>
> a.1.I saw the code,and as far as i understand inqlude will use the native
> tools of the distros.correct?

Yes, as much as possible. Falling back to just getting the source, where
nothing else is possible.

> a.2.It will use the distro names or the upstream ones?

Something in between. We can map upstream names to Inqlude ones and the to
downstream ones. There doesn't need to be a 1:1 mapping.

> b.1.Will inqlude support all the KDE repositories?

What do you mean by "all the KDE repositories"?

> b.2.Will inqlude support a KDE development enviroment?Like kdesrc-build
> does but more automatically??
> The above means,source dirs,logs,build dirs in a home directory.

No, that's out of the scope of Inqlude. It will be possible to use it as an
integration point, but Inqlude won't do more than just installing existing
packages.

> c.Will it be required the usage of OBS for all distros?

No. We can do distro integration with whatever native tools and whatever
distro sources for software are available. Depends on somebody doing the work
of implementing the backend, though.

> d.Is there an intention to be added support for source based distros like
> slackware or gentoo?

Absolutely. As long as somebody implements the needed backend, of course.

> d1.Is it possible to support source based distros?I am not relevant with
> ruby so i can't understand much from the source code.

The Inqlude tool just calls native tools from the distribution, so it doesn't
matter much, how the distro does it.

> f.from the commits in the github the only developer of the project is
> Cornelious.Correct?

At the moment it's just what I hacked together as a prototype, that's correct.