Building heaptrack_gui

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Thu Oct 12 10:55:22 BST 2023

On Donnerstag, 12. Oktober 2023 01:31:35 CEST sindhu krishnan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am currently in the process of attempting to build Heaptrack_gui within
> the Yocto build system. I have upgraded the Qt versions to 5.15 and am
> using KDE libraries of version 5.99. However, I am encountering several
> dependency errors during the build process of the KDE libraries.
>
> These errors in includes issues during compilation, where the dependent
> files are not visible, as well as challenges in obtaining configuration
> files. These errors persist across all the recipes.

What errors exactly? Paste them somewhere so we can see what you are seeing.

> I am inquiring whether it is feasible to build the Heaptrack_gui within the
> Yocto build system.

Sure, in principle there's nothing that makes heaptrack_gui or yocto special
in any way. You simply must make sure that all the required bits and pieces
are available and found.

> We are planning to make custom modifications in the
> GUI. Should we require assistance or collaboration from the KDE team to
> facilitate changes in Heaptrack_gui, kindly advise.

Please contribute your changes back upstream, if they are useful.

--
Milian Wolff
mail at milianw.de
http://milianw.de