Gcompris for disabled children

Emmanuel Charruau echarruau at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 19:36:19 BST 2024

Guten tag,

GCompris is part of KDE and one of KDE priority is accessibility.
https://kde.org/goals/

We are actively working on adding AT accessibility elements within our
softwares to be able to use them through external devices.

*Assistive Technology* - Support the use of assistive tools (AT). Either
use standard widgets/controls which support ATs out of the box, or make
sure that your custom widgets and controls support accessibility properly.
In order to learn more about this read on below.

We only did a proof of concept at GCompris on one activity but we could
start adding other activities with your son prefered activities.

By luck, could you answer this technical question?

Could some devices allow your son to play GCompris if we add AT
accessibility elements to the code ?

KDE has a dedicated developers accessibility group, they may be able to
guide you through other KDE application that can be used by your son.

https://webchat.kde.org/#/room/#kde-accessibility:kde.org

Regards,

Emmanuel

.