developmental consultation for children ages 11-13

Timothée Giet animtim at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 16:27:11 BST 2022

Hi Javier,

To complete the answer from Emmanuel, if I understand correctly what you
are asking, I think it could be a problem to include such content by
default in GCompris for at least two reasons:

-This list of words seems to be very cultural/locale-specific, and is
probably not very relevant for other languages/countries.

-To include words in an activity like the vocabulary activity, each word
needs to have a corresponding image. And all those images need to be
under a compatible license (that is, to make it simple, either public
domain/CC-0 or CC-BY-(SA)-4.0). It can be a complicated task to find
suitable images under a compatible license for all those words, and for
things like songs or singers, it might just be impossible. The other
(maybe less critical) issue I can see with adding more images to the
vocabulary activity would be from a visual-style point of view, as
currently all this activity is using a unique huge set of images with a
specific drawing style, and so adding more words with photos or drawings
of a different style would not fit good.

And one more little issue I could see: our user target is children up to
10 years old (which doesn't prevent older children or adults to use it,
but it's our official target). So a dataset of vocabulary used by 11 to
13 years old children might not be the best fit.

Regards,
Timothée