[FreeNX-kNX] Ubuntu PPA Feedback

Ryan Tandy rtandy at sd63.bc.ca
Thu Feb 20 16:54:14 UTC 2014

Hi Marcelo,

On 14-02-20 07:07 AM, Marcelo Boveto Shima wrote:
> I will be updating precise package and adding trusty package.
>
> So:
> Is there anyone using freenx-ppa?
> Any patches applied?
> Any config changes?

We are using the PPA packages across our district (18 sites, ~8000
humans). Some are on precise, some are still (eek!) on lucid. (We plan
to finish the upgrades to precise around the time of trusty's release.)

We use the unmodified PPA packages. No patches.

On precise we put in /etc/nxserver/node.conf.d/20_ubuntu-2d.conf:

COMMAND_START_GNOME='gnome-session --session ubuntu-2d'
BOOTSTRAP_X_SESSION=1

because our environment depends on the Xsession.d scripts being run.

Thanks for maintaining this PPA.

Ryan Tandy - Programmer/Analyst           rtandy at sd63.bc.ca
School District 63 (Saanich)                +1 250 652 7385