[FreeNX-kNX] FreeNX Error: Call to bind failed for font TCP port 12001

chris at ccburton.com chris at ccburton.com
Thu Nov 14 10:56:03 UTC 2013

freenx-knx-bounces at kde.org wrote on 14/11/2013 03:27:04:

> Hi All,
>
> As of recently, I cannot use FreeNX to connect into one of my
> servers.  When I try to connect using FreeNX, I get the following error:
>
> Error: Call to bind failed for font TCP port 12001. Error is 112
> 'Address already in use'.

This is actually the port on your workstation,
which
is always the same port as the one chosen
on the FreeNX server.

These ports come from a range set in nxnode.conf
which
means that they are all by default in the same range
and
are chosen sequentialy in the same order

so

If you connect to multiple servers
and
get the same numbered connection on two of them,
they will
both use the same (from the default range) port
and
try to use it on the workstation, where the second one will
fail with "Adress already in use" ( on your workstation )

http://lists.kde.org/?l=freenx-knx&m=120888974801937&w=2

The "fix" is to have a different

        DISPLAY_BASE=n

value set for each FreeNX server in its node.conf

Try to make sure the address pools don't overlap