[FreeNX-kNX] FreeNX Error: Call to bind failed for font TCP port 12001

OwN-3m-All own3mall at gmail.com
Thu Nov 14 03:27:04 UTC 2013

Hi All,

As of recently, I cannot use FreeNX to connect into one of my servers.
When I try to connect using FreeNX, I get the following error:

*Error: Call to bind failed for font TCP port 12001. Error is 112 'Address
already in use'.*

I don't believe I've changed anything to cause this problem.  I rebooted
the server to see if that would clear the NX error since it normally does
when something strange happens.  Unfortunately, rebooting did not fix the
issue.  I still get the same error.  Does port 12001 need to be open for
TCP and UDP incoming and outgoing connections?  I would assume the traffic
is local since it already passed SSH authentication and tried to create the
session.

I used netstat, and I didn't see anything using port 12000 or 12001.  Any
ideas on what I should try / do?

Thanks!