[FreeNX-kNX] USERMODE - Hanging at resume session

chris at ccburton.com chris at ccburton.com
Thu Nov 14 10:33:07 UTC 2013

Lukas Haase <lukashaase.gmx.at> wrote on 13/11/2013 21:40:52:

[SNIP]

> > OK, user mode.
>
> Yeah, unfortunately I do not have root access on this machine.

User-land FreeNX was an very useful idea . .

> > [...]
> > NX4U is quite old,
> > as
> > is agent 3.2 (which may well be this issue by the look of the logging)
> > so
> > from where did you get your software ???
>
> I know but as far as I understand it is the only SW that works with
> usermode, isn't that true?

I don't think so . .

BUT

to install the normal ex distro rpm/debs etc as userland FreeNX,

        ( i.e. without root access )
you have to extract the files manually

> I got it from the official pool, there is only this (old) NX4U:
>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/freenx.berlios/files/
>

> Yeah, it's really out-dated. It took me several hours to get it running
> (major changes were installing recent libraries into the "lib" folder
> and changing the MD5 programm to "md5sum").

I can't see any obvious FreeNX known issues showing in the logs

SO

Where did you get the NX libraries and nxagent from ??

(We maybe should look at updating these first to see if that fixes it)

To where have you installed all this sotware ???

        ~/bin maybe ??