[FreeNX-kNX] NX disappears after starting

Chris chris at ccburton.com
Fri May 3 20:39:51 UTC 2013

freenx-knx-bounces at kde.org wrote on 03/05/2013 21:24:24:

> On Fri, May 3, 2013 at 1:13 PM, Chris <chris at ccburton.com> wrote:
>
> > This means that to produce an accurate list of
> > dependencies for every version of fedora/RHEL
> > the NX library rpm  packager has to
> >
> >         strace nxagent
> >
> > 1/ find out everything it needs in its various configurations
> > 2/ find out which new split-off rpms they're all in
> > 3/ add them all as as dependencies.
> >
> > Some hope getting that all correct.
> >
> > Better to just add them all I suppose
> >
> > Poor Akemi
>
> Hmmm, my name was mentioned ...
>
> Indeed we (RHEL users) did have this very problem of some package
> (xorg-x11-fonts-misc to be specific) not installed by default. I'm not
> going through all the details

thanks for that . . .  :-)

> but the issue occurred when RHEL went
> from 5.x to 6.x. Fortunately we noticed it when RHEL 6.0 was still in
> beta and was able to add Requires: to our package. So far I have not
> heard any complaints from RHEL/CentOS/SL users... :-)

Ye O.P. is fedora-ing
tho he didn't trouble us by telling us which version
( seems to be a trend with OPs in this group )
so
there may be another mess heading your way . . .

> Akemi

I just did  a Centos 6 install ( zimbra ) for a change
instead
of my usual SuSe so I may be joining you . .

tho

Alan Cox on fedora 18

https://plus.google.com/111104121194250082892/posts/aCiB7kTLXTh

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/01/24/alan_cox_quits_linux_development/

did make me wonder what was arriving next in Redhat land.