[FreeNX-kNX] NX disappears after starting

Akemi Yagi amyagi at gmail.com
Fri May 3 20:24:24 UTC 2013

On Fri, May 3, 2013 at 1:13 PM, Chris <chris at ccburton.com> wrote:

> This means that to produce an accurate list of
> dependencies for every version of fedora/RHEL
> the NX library rpm  packager has to
>
>         strace nxagent
>
> 1/ find out everything it needs in its various configurations
> 2/ find out which new split-off rpms they're all in
> 3/ add them all as as dependencies.
>
> Some hope getting that all correct.
>
> Better to just add them all I suppose
>
> Poor Akemi

Hmmm, my name was mentioned ...

Indeed we (RHEL users) did have this very problem of some package
(xorg-x11-fonts-misc to be specific) not installed by default. I'm not
going through all the details but the issue occurred when RHEL went
from 5.x to 6.x. Fortunately we noticed it when RHEL 6.0 was still in
beta and was able to add Requires: to our package. So far I have not
heard any complaints from RHEL/CentOS/SL users... :-)

Akemi