[FreeNX-kNX] NX disappears after starting

Chris chris at ccburton.com
Fri May 3 18:34:01 UTC 2013

freenx-knx-bounces at kde.org wrote on 03/05/2013 16:09:28:
[SNIP]

> In my ~/.nx/.../errors it's a bit more interesting:
> at the very end,
> xrdb: Connection refused
> xrdb: Can't open display :2001
> 88 (gnome-session:16362): WARNING *: Cannot open display:
> Loop: WARNING! Connected to remote version 3.5.0 with local version
3.3.0

> Not sure if any of that is significant

No display

> NX> 1004 Error: NX Agent exited with status 1. To troubleshoot set
> SESSION_LOG_CLEAN=0...

Yup

Lets see what nxagent has to say for itself

Clear out any/all your old T-* C-* F-* directories from ~/.nx/

**** Make SURE
         your client machine is not NX connected to ANY other
         NX server machine.
****

Try again with xterm in a "floating window" and Logging on.

<Desktop> unix custom
< Run the following command> xterm
<Options> Floating Window

Post ALL the contants of the relevant file named
        session
file from:-

~/.nx/that-session's-details/

if it's there.

It won't have any password details in it.