[FreeNX-kNX] NXPlayer and FreeNX: Cannot Resume Suspended Session

Nick Couchman Nick.Couchman at seakr.com
Mon Jul 16 21:40:51 UTC 2012

I'm using NXPlayer on OSX to connect to a CentOS 5 machine running FreeNX.  The FreeNX version is 0.7.3, the NX version is 3.5.0.  I can establish the initial session, but if I disconnect and try to reconnect, I get an empty session list.  I saved off the logs from the client, and I see a bunch of the following entries:

39426 901 15:13:50 270.461 ClientSessionList: WARNING! The following buffer line has an unexpected size: '1000    unix-gnome       C3A363CB88E51EAC549A197C0C030987 --D--PSA    24 1920x979       Suspended   rnode08 (Shadowed)'.
39426 901 15:13:50 270.489 Utility: WARNING! Attempt to trim a null or empty string.
39426 901 15:13:50 270.511 ClientSessionList: WARNING! The following buffer line has an unexpected size: '0       Local            A398997085D6FD019D0DCCB28F848FFB --------                      Running     X0 (Local)'.
39426 901 15:13:50 270.520 Utility: WARNING! Attempt to trim a null or empty string.

So, it looks like FreeNX is delivering the session list to the client in such a way that it is incompatible with the newer clients.  Any idea what can be done to resolve this?  Is this something with the FreeNX code, or the way the open source components of NoMachine are compiled?

Thanks,
Nick

--------
This e-mail may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient.  If this email is not intended for you, or you are not responsible for the delivery of this message to the intended recipient, please note that this message may contain SEAKR Engineering (SEAKR) Privileged/Proprietary Information.  In such a case, you are strictly prohibited from downloading, photocopying, distributing or otherwise using this message, its contents or attachments in any way.  If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to this e-mail and delete the message from your mailbox.  Information contained in this message that does not relate to the business of SEAKR is neither endorsed by nor attributable to SEAKR.